Dr. Rob Person is an Associate Professor of International Relations at the United States Military Academy (West Point) in New York, where he teaches courses in Russian and post-Soviet politics and international relations. He is the Director for Curriculum for West Point’s International Affairs Program. Dr. Person’s research focusses on the foreign and domestic politics of Russia and the former Soviet states. He has published extensively on regime support, mass mobilisation, hybrid warfare, and the international relations of post-Soviet states.
Rob obtained his PhD from Yale University and his MA in Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies from Stanford University. Dr Person is a Resident Fellow at the Modern War Institute.
What do we discuss?
- How did we get here? Ukraine politics and pro-Russian protests, the Orange Revolution and the Annexation of Crimea
- The origins of the conflict and failed ceasefires in the Donbas Region of Ukraine
- The 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine
- What Ukraine means to Putin, his red lines and increasing self-imposed isolation
- Rob also accepts our Sailor’s Three challenge and discusses an interesting emerging technology
The opinions and comments made in this Pod and on this website do not represent the official position of any government, organisation or entity. Cover image credit to Politico EU.