Who guest features on Pod#3?
LT Shane Halton is an Intelligence Officer with the United States Navy and is currently on exchange with the Royal Australian Navy in Sydney. He has previously served with VFA and VAQ Squadron’s and in the Navy’s Digital Warfare Office.
What do we discuss?
- Shane’s latest article Westmoreland’s dream and Perrow’s nightmare: two perspectives on the future of military command and control , addressing the technological positivist and technological sceptic points of view on increasingly automated military C2 systems
- Loosely coupled vs tightly coupled systems and their use in the modern military
- The impact of AI and machine learning in battle systems on mission command
- Background to the U.S. adopting and experimenting with machine learning and AI systems
- Regional states desire for modern C2 systems and their use in future war
- Shane also accepts our Sailor’s Three challenge. Have a listen to check out his answers.
The opinions and comments made in this Pod and on this website do not represent the official position of any government, organisation or entity.