Andrew Lambert is Laughton Professor of Naval History in the Department of War Studies at Kings College London. Andrew has taught at the Royal Naval Staff College, Greenwich and the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst and is a fellow of the Royal Historical Society. Andrew has published widely on naval history, with his latest book The British Way of War: Julian Corbett and the Battle for a National Strategy, being the key topic of this episode.
What do we discuss?
- Julian Corbett’s contribution to the Royal Navy and British maritime strategy
- Correcting assumptions and underlining the ongoing relevance of Corbett
- What ‘the British Way of War’ is and its efficacy
- Corbett’s career, influence and allies
- Andrew also accepts our Sailor’s Three challenge and makes an exciting prediction for the future
The opinions and comments made in this Pod and on this website do not represent the official position of any government, organisation or entity.