Pooja Bhatt earned her PhD from the Centre for International Politics, Organisation and Disarmament in the School of International Studies at Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi. Pooja also earned her MPhil and and Masters Degree from the same school. Pooja was Assistant Professor in Defence and Strategic Studies at Rashtriya Raksha University, Gandhinagar Gujarat. She has worked with Centre for Air Power Studies, an Indian Air Force think tank where she focussed on maritime issues. Her research work at CAPS as the part of a book fellowship was published as Nine-Dash Line: Deciphering the South China Sea Conundrum by Indian Air Chief RKS Bhadauria. She has been a regular speaker on maritime issues at Indian Air Force command seminars and training capsules since 2017.
What do we discuss?
- Dr Bhatt’s book on the South China Sea, from an Indian perspective
- Co-operation and strategy amongst ASEAN nations in the South China Sea
- Indian Navy deployments and transits in the South China Sea and India’s nuclear capability/policy
- Indian Navy’s changing military procurement (from ex-Soviet to Western and indigenously produced solutions)
- Pooja also accepts our Sailor’s Three challenge
The opinions and comments made in this Pod and on this website do not represent the official position of any government, organisation or entity.